Impossible to catalogue
here the screenings that my films have had in the past. The 100+ films
have screened approximately 500 times in total, to an approximate total audience of 28,000. If
you go to the Filmography, and then
click on each film, you can see the info for some of the screenings each
film has had.
Here are the screenings from the recent past:
- Three Strikes screened in May 2016 at the B-Fest, Anti-authoritarian festival, Athens.
- "An evening with filmmaker Bill Mousoulis: recent Greek films" will occurred at the Greek Film Society Sydney on February 18, 2016. Films screened were: Kosta, Pig in a Poke, The Fairy Tale, Three Strikes, and Extracts from Songs of Revolution.
- Three Strikes and Daddy-Long-Legs screened at a 9:16 showcase in Melbourne on February 12, 2016.
- A selection of my Super 8 short films from the 1980s screened at the Artist FIlm Workshop on November 5, 2015.
- Physical World screened at the Global Super 8 Day at Chiltern on October 24, 2015.
- Three Strikes premiered at the Adelaide Film Festival on October 22, 2015.
- Back to Nature (Super 8 short from 1985) screened at the 8 x 8 Film Festival, Long Play, January 20, 2015.
- Wild and Precious screened at the Greek Film Fest Chicago, October 4, 2014.
- Wild and Precious screened at the Greek Film Society Sydney, February 20 2014.
- Winter (Super 8 short from 1998) screened at the 8 x 8 Film Festival, Long Play, January 8, 2014.
- Daddy-Long-Legs (Mousoulis' new short film) was screened at the 9:16 Film Festival, February 6, 2014, in Adelaide, and February 7, 2014 as part of the Laneway Festival in Adelaide.
- Daddy-Long-Legs was broadcast on Channel 44 in Adelaide on Thursday, March 13, 2014.
- Wild and Precious screened on May 26, 2013, at the B-Fest, Anti-authoritarian festival, Athens, (May 24 - 26)
- Wild and Precious screened on May 22, 2013, at the 10th Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival (May 16 - 26)
- 6 Super 8 short films of Bill Mousoulis from the 1980s and 1990s, In a Lonely Place, The Green Door, Vale, How to Use Your Camera, Still and The Shadows, screened at Black Sun on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013, in Plugd Records, Triskel Arts Centre, Cork, Ireland.
- Wild and Precious screened at an invite-only screening at Long Play, Melbourne, January 11, 2013.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 55th Asia Pacific Film Festival in Macau on December 13, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 3rd Peloponnesian International Film Festival in Greece on December 2, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the Cine//B_5 Film Festival in Chile on November 26, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 19th Greek Film Festival (Australia) in Sydney on October 28, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 19th Greek Film Festival (Australia) in Melbourne on October 20, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 7th Cyprus International Film Festival on October 19, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the Cine-Synergio in Athens on October 11, 2012.
- Wild and Precious screened at the 18th Athens International Film Festival on September 27, 2012.
- Two 1980s Super 8 shorts of Bill Mousoulis, Ascension: The Story of Bill and Melbourne '89, screened as part of Guerilla Film Night No. 3 in Melbourne on Sunday June 3rd, 2012, at 6:00 pm at The Birmingham Hotel, 333 Smith St. Fitzroy.
- Into the Wild, the brand new (and 100th!) film of Bill Mousoulis, premiered at Electric Shorts, Tuesday October 4, 2011, at Loop Bar, Melbourne.
- Ηλιοβολοσεμα, roughly translated as Volos Sunset, screened as part of the Short Greek Film Festival, Thursday March 25, 2010, at Loop Bar, Melbourne.
- Blue Notes screened on Friday March 19, 2010, at Door 3 in Daylesford, the night hosted by Dave Marshall.
Rhapsody was broadcast on community TV channel C31 on Saturday, February 20, 2010, at 10:00 p.m. See here for more details.
Nocturne screened at the BROET
film group, in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, on Saturday, June 27, 2009
- The short film 1:20 p.m. had its premiere screening at the Harry Shine Memorial Cinema on Friday, February 13, 2009, at 9:00 pm, at ABC Gallery, 127A Campbell St. Collingwood.
Nocturne screened at the BROET
film group, in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, on Friday October 31, Nov 1, Nov 7, Nov 14, Nov 21 and Nov 29.
Nocturne screened at the 1st
Sexy International Film Festival, Perth, Saturday October 18; Paris, Monday November
10; and San Francisco, November 26.
Nocturne screened at the 53rd Corona Cork Film Festival, Ireland, on Friday October 17, 2008.
Nocturne screened at the 14th
Athens International Film Festival, Greece, on September 25, 2008.
Nocturne screened at the 13th
Portobello Film Festival, London, on Sepember 12, 2008.
Nocturne had its European premiere, at the 26th
Brussels International Festival of Fantastic Film on April 5, 2008,
with 900 people in attendance.
Nocturne had its premiere screening as Opening Night film of the
8th Melbourne Underground
Film Festival, on Thu Sep 20, 2007. 2nd Screening occurred on Sat
Sep 29. The film then picked up several major awards - Best Film,
Best Actress and Best Editing.
(2006, 17 mins) screened in the Dungog
Film Festival, on Saturday, June 2, 2007.
Submissions (2006, 6 mins) screened as part of Electric
Shorts, on Wednesday, October 11, at Loop Bar, as part of the Fringe
Notes had its public premiere screening at the 7th
Melbourne Underground Film Festival, on Saturday, July 8, 2006,
at The Spanish Club.
- Also at MUFF,
my short film Nocturnal
Submissions (6 mins) (a preview of my upcoming feature A
Nocturne) was screened, as part of the Closing Night, on Sunday,
July 16, 2006, at The Spanish Club.
Rhapsody screened at the Westgarth
on Sunday, November 6, 2005, at the Northcote Town Hall.
Rhapsody screened at the 2nd
Atlanta Underground Film Festival
in August 2005 in the USA.
Rhapsody, following on from being awarded the Special Jury Prize
and Best Sound at MUFF
(Melbourne Underground Film Festival), screened as part of the
"Best of MUFF" programming, on Thursday, September 1.
Rhapsody screened at the 6th
Melbourne Underground Film Festival
on July 14,
2005. It was awarded the Special Jury Prize, and Best Sound.
Rhapsody screened at the 2nd
.MOV International Digital Film Festival in March 2005 in the Philippines.
- My feature Spring
Rhapsody (2004, 84 mins, video) had its World Premiere screening
at the 3rd
Annapolis Reel Cinema Festival in February
2005 in the USA.
Sufi Valentine was screened/performed at the Northern
Notes Writers' Festival, on Sunday, October 24, 2004.
and Lovesick screened as
part of "Subtle
Strokes: The films of Mark La Rosa and Bill Mousoulis", at
the Australian Centre for the Moving Image, Federation Square, on Tuesday,
August 24, 8:00 pm and Friday, August 27, 8:00 pm, respectively.
Day was screened as part of "Melbourne
independent filmmakers - a retrospective" at the 5th
Melbourne Underground Film Festival, July 8-18, on Saturday July
10, at 5:00 pm.
was screened at the Northern Film Network, Fire Station Café, on Monday,
July 5, at 7:00 pm.
Sufi Valentine was screened/performed at La
Mama Theatre, 205 Faraday St. Carlton, from June 10 to 20, 2004.
Soon is Now? (1990) and How to Use
Your Camera (1996) screened as part of the Allowance exhibition
opening, at the Art and Soul Gallery, 648 High St. Reservoir, on Friday
screebed at the St.Kilda
Film Festival in late May, on Sunday May 30, at the George Cinemas,
Horizons screened as part of the Moving
Image Coalition screening on Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at Cinema
Sufi Valentine premiered at the Preston Creative Living Centre,
648 High St, Reservoir, on Thursday March 4.
screened, and I talked, at the Northern Film Network on March 1, 2004.
Horizons screened as part of the Saloni
M swims East event, on Friday December 5.
- The Super 8 short,
3 mins), screened at the Moving
Image Coalition screening on Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at Cinema
short films made in 2003, Passage
and Don't Move, had their premiere
public screenings as part of Bleeding
Images - New Short Films, at Australian Centre for the Moving Image,
Federation Square, on Monday, November 3, 2003.
(2002, 70 mins) screened at the 4th
Melbourne Underground Film Festival, on Friday, July 11, 2003, at
the George Cinema, Fitzroy St. St.Kilda.
(1998, 8 mins, Super 8) screened at the Moving
Image Coalition screening at Cinema Nova on Tuesday, June 10, 2003.
Us screened at the Buenos
Aires Festival of Independent Cinema on April 22 and 24, 2003, as
part of the retrospective program "A Secret History of Australian
and Pins (2002, 3 mins) screened at the Moving
Image Coalition screening, Tuesday, March 11, 2003, Cinema Nova.
Years of Hits and Misses
was a 20-year retrospective screening of some of my Super-8 shorts,
November 15, 2002, Erwin Rado Theatre.
Some notable screenings prior to 2002
- Desire screened at Cinema Nova, Carlton, as part of their "Nova Dose" programming, May 2001.
- Desire screened at the Brisbane International Film Festival, in July 2001.
- My Blessings screened at the Melbourne International Film Festival, in July 1997.
- Makes Me Stronger was programmed at the Melbourne International Film Festival, in July 1996, but I pulled it from its screening.
- The Shadows screened at the St.Kilda Film Festival in May 1996.
- Ladykiller screened at the Frames Film and Video Festival in Adelaide in September 1994.
- Open City had a 1-week run at the now defunct Erwin Rado Theatre in 1993.
- Between Us had several major screenings in 1990: Sydney Film Festival (nominated for Best Fiction - and still to this day the largest audience I've ever had, about 1,000), St.Kilda Film Festival (won 4th Best Film), Melbourne International Film Festival, Frames Film and Video Festival in Adelaide, and was revived as part of an Aus indie film retrospective at Buenos Aires Festival of Independent Cinema in 2003.
- After School screened at the St.Kilda Film Festival in 1989, gaining a Certificate of Merit.
- Glorious Day screened at the St.Kilda Film Festival in 1988.
- Many of the Super 8 short films I made in the 1980s had numerous screenings here and there, including at high profile events such as the Melbourne International Film Festival, which those days had a Super 8 session each year. The entry for each film, eg. Back to Nature, lists where the film was screened.