for news on upcoming screenings, go to Screenings
- June 5, 2010: Bill Mousoulis is now residing in Europe (Greece) again, and is attending the 45th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival and the 16th Sarajevo Film Festival in July as a critic for Senses of Cinema.
- April 2, 2010: I have recently completed a new short film in Melbourne, The Experimenting Angel, 7 mins.
- February 21, 2010: I am now back in Melbourne, alternating between Greece and Australia. My review of the 15th Athens International Film Festival (Sep 16 - 27) and the 50th Thessaloniki International Film Festival (Nov 13 - 22) for the online journal Senses of Cinema can be found here.
- December 28, 2009: I have made a short film in Greece, entitled Ηλιοβολοσεμα, roughly translated as Volos Sunset. It is 7 minutes long, shot on HDV, and features music by Greek musicians Eko-Tiger.
- November 11, 2009: My last feature film A
Nocturne will have a world-wide DVD release / distribution, by Troma Entertainment, in June 2010.
- September 1, 2009: I am now officially living in Europe (Greece), with ID/passport settled. It will be an indefinite stay.
- June 10, 2009: "Feel Bill", an interview conducted by Greek cineaste Dimitri Athanitis for the Greek film magazine Moter (Issue 16, May/June 2009), is now published. Download the magazine here. (PDF file, pages 20-23)
- May 5, 2009: After being incredibly prolific with feature filmmaking in recent years (Spring Rhapsody, Blue Notes and A Nocturne all shot and edited in the space of 2.5 years, from September 2004 to March 2007), I am currently still in "down time", but very willingly, as last year (2008) was taken up with getting screenings for A Nocturne, and included me touring with the film in Europe from Aug to Nov, and now this year I am preparing to return to Europe, in mid June, to explore the possibility of living and working there for a while, as I very much love European (film) culture.
- May 5, 2009: A great review of A Nocturne has appeared in the online journal Experimental Conversations, click here to read it.
- November 14, 2008: Euro tour for A Nocturne is now over. It played in 5 festivals over the period Sep - Nov, including Athens International Film Festival and Cork Film Festival. I attended four of these screenings, as did the lead actress Vanessa de Largie. Check out an interview, and review, as a result of the screening in the Netherlands (texts in Dutch only).
- October 4, 2008: Things are going swimmingly (sometimes in murky, dirty waters!) here in Europe. The screening of A Nocturne at the Athens Film Festival was a little muted, being late at night (12:45 start on a weekday!), but I still had a good time at the festival, revelling in the European atmosphere. I'm looking forward to screenings in the Netherlands and France upcoming, and I'm pleased to announce that the film has been selected for the Cork Film Festival in Ireland as well, and I'll be attending that also.
- September 8, 2008: I am currently in Europe, attending all the screenings of my film A Nocturne (see the Screenings page), apart from the London one.
My latest film A Nocturne
has been selected for several European festivals (see Screenings
page), so I will be there from roughly mid August to mid November. I
will hopefully be able to update this newspage / website from Europe,
during my stay there. In any case, I will be contactable by email
in that time.
This site gets a revamp, with a new design for the main pages, and with
other pages added - DVDs for sale page, with
many of my films available, and My inner
sense, a creative page.