a film by Bill Mousoulis
home | intro | cast | crew | diary | news | contact
July 13, 2003
- Lovesick had its premiere screening at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival, on Friday, July 11. It was a good screening, with a number of members of the cast and crew joining Bill on stage for the post-film Q&A. The film was awarded Best Innovation in Underground Cinema, and Best Cinematography. Also, in the couple of weeks leading up to the screening, there was some good press. Cameron Grace in In-Press called the film "stark and unsettling", whilst Adrian Martin in the The Age noted how the film is "slow in its impact ... but enlivened by some terrifically surprising moments".
June 19, 2003
- Lovesick will be having its premiere (public) screening at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival, on Friday, July 11, at 9:15 p.m., at the George Cinema, Fitzroy St. St.Kilda.
March 12, 2003
February 23, 2003
- Metro Magazine, with its feature on Lovesick, has just been published. Irish film critic Maximilian Le Cain in an insightful essay calls the film "challenging and brilliant". The essay will be re-printed on this website in mid March.
January 24, 2003
- The Irish film critic Maximilian Le Cain has written a lengthy essay on Lovesick. It will be published in the upcoming issue of Metro (out late February). Max has placed the film in his list of the best films of 2002 in Senses of Cinema.
- The film will be definitely be screening in Melbourne in mid-2003 sometime. It will be, in effect, its premiere screening, as the screening in June 2002 was for cast and crew and invited guests only. Stay tuned!
- It is also up for consideration at some overseas film festivals.